Immortalis' Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Immortalis' Forums

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

THE SPEED OF DARK

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Immortalis
Admin

Number of posts : 216
Registration date : 2007-09-25

THE SPEED OF DARK Empty
PostSubject: THE SPEED OF DARK   THE SPEED OF DARK Icon_minitimeFri Sep 28, 2007 12:23 pm

"THE SPEED OF DARK"

A long time ago I was really bored. A thought entered my mind. Is there such thing as a "speed of dark"? I did some searching on the net and came across an experiment proving the speed of dark was much slower than the speed of light. This experiment consisted of a light in a closet. When the light is turned on, light is instantaneously there (or seems instantaneous) but when the light is turned off, it slowly dims as the darkness noticeably creeps around. This experiment has one major flaw. The way I see it, the speed of dark is the same as the speed of light... or "UN-LIGHT". The absence of light leaves dark and therefore the speed at which light leaves would be the same speed that darkness enters. This light bulb in the closet example is flawed due to the use of a mechanical device. Electricity lights the light, but when the light turns off, the energy has already heated the filament causing it to glow and the speed in which it dims is directly proportional to the speed in which the filament cools... therefore they didn't quite think it out enough... but... this is just my thoughts on it.

(2006-12-14)
Back to top Go down
https://immortalis.forumotion.com

THE SPEED OF DARK
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Immortalis' Forums :: Additional Sections :: Thoughts-
Jump to: